News, tips and drills for friends of the Italian language, culture and lifestyle. Our monthly newsletter brings you news on Italian culture in English and in Italian, as well as drills and games to practise the language. Read it here or subscribe to receive future issues via email (scroll to the bottom of the page).
In this issue:
- Benito Jacovitti: author and cartoonist. An overview of the life and work of this artist from Molise.
- Molise: Land of the Samnites. The Samnites, an ancient Italic population, lived in today’s Molise and neighbouring regions.
- La signora Ava, a novel. Italian unification in Molise. Less known than Lampedusa’s Il gattopardo (The Leopard), this intriguing novel describes equally well people’s lives, dreams and disillusionment at the time of unification (1860).
- Full-immersion Italian courses in Torrebruna.
- Palestra d’italiano to practise your Italian. 3 language exercises, levels Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced.
- 121 Services.